Whole Kabocha Squash Gratin.
You can cook Whole Kabocha Squash Gratin using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Kabocha Squash Gratin
- You need 1 small of sized one Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 1 of Frozen seafood mix.
- Prepare 3 of to 4 slices Bacon.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 of more than 10 grams Butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Plain flour.
- It’s 300 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of cube Soup stock cube.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of Panko.
- You need 1 of Cheese.
Whole Kabocha Squash Gratin step by step
- Wrap the kabocha squash tightly with cellophane wrap and microwave. You'll scoop out the inside of the kabocha squash, so heat well..
- This time, I heated it for 7 minutes while checking at 700W and then turned it over and heated for another 3 minutes. Let the whole thing become soft..
- When it becomes soft, cut off the upper part to make a lid. Scoop out the inside and make a container..
- Make the gratin. Stir fry the onion and bacon in a pan and add the seafood mix. When they are cooked through, throw in the butter. When the butter has melted, add flour and stir fry until the flouriness is gone. Add milk and a soup stock cube..
- Add the kabocha squash. Add the amount you want to add. You can also keep the remaining kabocha squash for a salad, too. It feels good because you can enjoy it twice with this. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and transfer it to the kabocha squash container. Sprinkle panko and cheese (I used easy melting parmesan)..
- I sprinkled panko and mayonnaise and baked it..
- Bake it in an oven until the cheese melts. At my place, I bake it for about 10 minutes at 430F/220C, but you can bake it to your liking. Cover it with the lid you made when it is ready..
- Here is the Halloween decoration version..
- For 2009, I made this recipe using a white kabocha squash I received. The outside was white so I was surprised!.